Slider Picture

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Nu6 Marlon Pizarro - Solar Street Lights

I think this would be my shortest NU6 paper. I was so pissed off last night. My frustration in driving at night was at its peak!

Our country, politicians say, is progressing now but why do i get pissed off to a simple subject like STREET LIGHTS?! As usual, i was driving along McArthur highway and it seems that i'm playing a video game wherein pedestrians will suddenly appear and i have to avoid it in a vey limited time! (FYI i'm driving 30kph, max is 60kph). 

The problem is, even though i have my headlights on, i barely see the people in front of me due to lack of lightings. As i check the road, it was fully constructed with streetlights but majority are turned off! WHAT THE HECK! What a waste of money! Why don't they just install a solar powered streetlights so they can no longer be charged with electric bill, if they are complaining about the cost? And also, solar powered lights automatically lights up when it detected darkness (this counters the government workers who are just too lazy to turn On the master switch). It's pretty expensive compared to the average streetlight but the government could save so much when you look at it's long term effect.  3

Well, i guess, because of the emotions i'm feeling right now, my entry for this NU6 is not so short after all. Haaaayyyyy


--


No comments: