Slider Picture

Sunday, October 13, 2013

NU 12 by Akeel Dalisay: Electronic adjustable car tint


NU12 (4)
DALISAY, AKEEL ZEAN D.
SP ENTREP / S10  
            MAGIC CAR WINDOW TINT
When I'm driving at night, I always want to see the road clearly as I usually traverse dark roads on my way home; thus "clear" or no-tint car windows will work well for such situations.  However, I have to endure the burning heat of the sun whenever I drive from around 10AM to 3PM if my car windows have no tint.  Can I just have a window tint that I can remove or de-activate when I wanted to?  So I can drive comfortably at night, as well protect myself from heat at day.
If given enough resources (or knowledge as well), I want to create a special electronic window tint or glass.  Take an ordinary car window; if it is equipped with the special tint, you can have a lever or knob on your dashboard to adjust the darkness of your windows during the day, or you can simply de-activate it at night for better driving vision. It could be manually adjusted or it could also be automatic (which will have a sensor, to determine how dark or light your window tint will be depending on the heat or intensity of the sun) that will tint your window just enough to significantly lessen the heat and light and still provide a good driving vision as well.
I checked the Internet if such product already exists;  so far, there's only this window (for houses or buildings) that can transform your transparent glass to frosted glass.  Created mainly to provide privacy and minimize brightness brought by the sun.  I wish then can create the same product to be used for automobiles as well (or another idea is the same product concept or technology for eyeglasses- photochromic glasses).  4

No comments: