Slider Picture

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

NU12 Event Planning by Rachelle Roque

Hi Sir,


Here's my 7th NU12 Topic: New Business ideas


We just had our Trick or Treat for the kids here in our subdivision. The kids look so cute in their costumes; the new trend now is wearing their favorite super hero or anime character outfit rather than the usual scary outfits. And I think it's more appropriate for their age, because the latter has the tendency for the kids to really scare each other.  Since it's a kiddie party, the program is usually hosted by Jollibee or McDonalds. But one thing I noticed yesterday is that the program has no difference with that of a birthday party. The games & giveaways are the same; if not for the kid's costumes and the fact that it was held on last week of October, you can't really tell that it's a Halloween party. So, one thing I suggest for Jollibee & McDonalds is to further customize their party events. Aside from kid's birthday, they also host Halloween, Graduation and Christmas parties. Some of my friends also celebrate their 25th birthday and anniversaries in these fast food chains. The customers will appreciate it more if they will have the over-all experience of the occasions they are celebrating. I know that it would be difficult for them to have a total different package; but at least they should have different themes, with different colors & design depending on the occasion, to choose from.
I really have planning events; I always enjoy it every time we prepare birthday surprises. I'm also a regular part of our Division Christmas party committee. I even help some friends to prepare their wedding and be the on-the-day coordinator. This is one of the businesses I really want to pursue. But I know it take so much effort & time to make it as a profession. So, maybe I will officially start it after my MBA. But it doesn't mean that I will totally stop now and defer it until graduation. I can still continue helping my friends in preparing their events, and meeting their suppliers. In this way, I can familiarize myself more in the business and improve little by little.   


Regards,
Rachelle  3

No comments: