Slider Picture

Monday, October 21, 2013

What pisses me off at AGSB - NU12 by Martin Revilla

Ramon Martin P. Revilla Professor Jorge Saguinsin
MBA Standard Entrepreneurship
Ateneo Graduate School of Business October 14, 2013


What pisses me off at AGSB?
During my undergraduate studies I often dream of enrolling at Ateneo Professional School, it is my goal that someday I wish to be part of a credible school that not only provides quality education but also ethical teachings.  This dream came true when opportunity knocks and my perseverance pave way for being an MBA student. But what pisses me off at the school.
In my first few semesters I often wonder how would I survive knowing the competition I would face and maintaining a QPI grade average in order for me to withstand my probationary status, this gave me great sacrifice on how to manage my time with Family, wife, friends and personal.
Work life balance for me is important, spending time for yourself your love ones and peers generates memorable moments that time could not repeat, it can also affect if the student is working.  Working MBA students are somewhat un-noticed of their efforts as compared with full time students.  I think AGSB should re-evaluate the module being taught for MBA students base on their status.
·      It really pisses me off if some assignments needed heavy research, where it takes large amount of time and energy, even group meetings just for a report or presentation to be done. 
·      Second, I think AGSB online system must be upgraded for it always encounter problems every enrollment, they always have this alibi of fixing and upgrading during enrollment days.
·      Third, AGSB should upgrade facilities, yes quality education is given but it needed attention for structure innovation. (Auditorium, Library, Canteen, Classroom equipment)
·      Fourth, AGSB should extend class hours during Saturday's, this helps employed students of not enrolling on week day classes
·      Fifth, for MBA Students taking Strategic Management class, AGSB must have course reviewer before defending his/her paper, this will help students recall what they learn during the past semesters. 1 week or 2weeks course review
Even though, it is said that you need to have great sacrifice to finish post grad studies, but if there are ways or other opportunity for you to learn and spend more time with love ones, then do so.  In life what important is, no matter what you do you must have happiness. Enjoy while learning and learn while enjoying.  3

No comments: