Slider Picture

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NU 12 submitted by Grace Agustin MM Spentrep AGSB de la Costa - using Euro compliant fuel

NU 12Move for Cleaner Environment
I always do my diesel fuel up with the big 3 gasoline stations (Shell, Petron, Caltex), though independent stations are lower in prices, but for me the big 3 is more reliable and have a cleaner fuel than any other players.  Since last year I already heard of the Unioil's Euro IV Fuel Compliant, my husband convinced me to try the Euro IV Diesel.  The idea that I have to switch product did not appear enticing to me, so I stick to what I'm currently using.
It was during one of those weekends on our way to visit my mother in Cavite area that changes my fuelling up habit and make a move in contributing to a cleaner environment.  During that time, while travelling along the Emilio Aguinaldo Hi-way the fuel gauge falls below the usual ¼ reading which I should normally be fuelling up.  Along EA hi-way I know that there are many stations I can select especially the big 3, but while driving I made a decision that it is true I cannot give up using my vehicle as me and my family's means of transportation but I need to contribute something better somehow.  I pull over into the Unioil's station and have a diesel full tank before I changed my mind.  While fuelling up I let the station boy discussed to me the advantages of using the Euro-IV diesel, some points I already know but others I still need to confirm if it's true.  Upon arriving at my mother's house, the first thing I did was researched about the Euro IV diesel, to support my conviction that I made a right choice. And here's what I found out…
Unioil's new fuel is rolling out a full three years ahead of the mandated Euro IV-capable fuels in 2016 as mandated by the national government, which should be sold exclusively by all petroleum and fuel retailers in lieu of older Euro II fuels.  So what's so special about Unioil's diesel?
Ø  Dubbed Euro Diesel IV, it is the only diesel fuel that is Euro IV-certified.
Ø  Euro IV fuels are cleaner, have lower sulphur content and, crucially, emit only 50 parts per million of sulphur. A reduction of 90 percent compared to the current 500 parts per million, to between 20 and 30 parts per million offered by Unioil.
Ø  Other noxious gases and particulates from exhaust emissions were reduced by as much as 83 percent.
Ø  Far less dark exhaust emissions
Ø  Engine will last longer and other engine components like filter, catalytic converter and the like.
Ø  Euro Diesel IV also has a higher cetane rating (a measure of diesel fuel's burn and ignition quality), which contributes to be more fuel-efficient, offer quieter and less vibration-prone engine operation, offer better cold-start performance (the vast majority of when engines emit the most pollution and are inefficient), emit less dark smoke on a cold start.
Ø  It also has special lubricating additives to protect engines, specifically CRDi and turbocharged injection systems, making it a good match for today's new breed of efficient and highly powerful diesel engines, with a good bias to performance.
Ø  Can mix Euro Diesel IV with other diesel fuel types and encounter no problems, as well as on diesel vehicles older than 2006 models.
Ø  Source:  http://business.inquirer.net;  commentary by Patrick Everett Tadeo
I am not promoting Unioil here; right now Unioil and Seaoil are the ones distributing a Euro IV compliant fuel both diesel and gasoline.  What I'm after is the idea that somehow I am able to contribute even a little effort to reduce pollution in the environment.  It is almost a month now that I used Euro IV diesel, but it's not that convenient to me because I have to re-route just to fuel up, no Unioil stations near to my house and to places I usually travel.  I always check my fuel gauge and now I include visit to Unioil in my itinerary not like before that I can refuel when the need arises.  I even have a copy of Unioil's branches in my phone, just a risk measure if we want to travel out of town; I know where to fuel up.
I just hope the big 3 will follow soon not waiting for the national government mandate of Euro-IV compliant by 2016.  The environment had suffered much; it's time to exert effort to save it!  (3)  <better magcommute>

No comments: