Slider Picture

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NU 6 by (unknown author) AGSB Clark entrepreneurship - private agricultural school

NU 6 private agricultural school/training center

One of my future business plans is to be a proponent of organic farming in the country and to grow a botanical garden in my town.  From my experiences in the past 10 years of farming and gardening, I always find it hard to recruit conscientious gardeners and agriculturist.  I have observed that the human resources I had were challenged in values and proactivity.  All of them had short term plans for their lives and did not appreciate that  in the plant business or agribusiness  time is needed just like a tree to grow slowly.

I think it is a good idea to have a privately owned agricultural school / training center to professionalize the agribusiness sector.  The students will also be hired immediately by my company's backward integration strategy to supply my cassava and glutinous rice needs.  Also the growth of the botanical garden can be sustained,  and later duplicated in other areas of the country.  As of this time, I have recruited a graduate of agronomy to help me with the vision.

A private school for agriculture can also glamorize this sector of the economy simply because the youth looks at it in a demeaning manner.  My strategy to keep abreast with the latest organic trends and latest machines will facilitate the practicums and curriculum.  Initially scholarships can be offered for qualified and interested students  3.5  <authorless>


No comments: