Slider Picture

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NU12 #4 from Miss Bricks: Spentrep AGSB de la Costa What pisses you off at the school? What must be done?


What pisses you off at the school? What must be done?

 am assuming the system issue during enrollment has been raised so many times by the students so I will discuss a different concern.

I had a few instances where I experienced before that I was so ready to enroll a subject but the system didn't allow me because there was at that time, a pre-requisite subject I have to complete first before taking that subject. I thought it was just a system glitch or an issue with the system so I raised the concern. And I was told that it is not a system glitch and I should take the subject first before enrolling the subject I prefer that time and so I went back online to register for that class, just to feel upset afterwards because there were no available slots for that class anymore. Frustrating right? A student might have planned on the number of years he/ she has to spend in graduate school since there is a "residency rule" to be followed, but then because of lack of information, being provided by the school to the students, on the proper flow of subjects to be taken, he / she will be delayed.

What must be done to solve this concern?
-Properly update the curriculum flow provided on the website, showing the correct order of subjects to be taken by a student or indicate whether a subject has a pre-requisite or not.
-Indicate also whether a subject is offered every term or not.

Another annoying issue:
-There are only some computer units in the library (Computer Section to be specific)  which will enable you to insert your flash drive and save your work. Not all the units are flash-drive ready.  I finished all my research for a paper so I thought I'll just polish it at home but by the time I inserted my flash drive to save my work, I couldn't save it. Argh! What if it is for a presentation and the all the flash-drive capable units are being used?
Suggestion to solve:
-Put a sign that these units in this area are not available if you'll save your work on a flash drive so the students would be aware which one to use.

Another annoying issue: Sockets not working
Most of the sockets installed in the library are not working especially the ones near the tables.
Solution: Ensure all the sockets are working.

Another annoying issue: Not well-lighted, causes eye strain
-A section in the library not well-lighted, unfavorable in reading books or other materials
Solution: For me, a library is the best place to enrich one's knowledge so install a proper lighting conducive for reading.  4

No comments: