Slider Picture

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

NU 6 6 WikiPic App

Prof Jorge,

Please see my 6th NU assignment below. 

NU 6 – 6: Wikipic App/Software
Internet is one of the most reliable solutions when you want to know something. There are a lots of search engines available to help you find what you are looking for. Some of the famous are Wikipedia, Yahoo, and Google, as what they usually say "If you do not know, Google it".
Usually when we search something in the internet to get the information we need, we just type the keywords in the search toolbar and all of the related data will appear. That's how it usually works. But there are times that I find it hard to search what I am looking for, especially when I do not know what it is called; all I know is what it looks like.
This has been my dilemma experience of many times already. For example, you saw a fruit, plant, or a flower, but you don't know its name, and you want to know it, then you will search it in the web, but before you will get the information you need, it will give you first a hard time to search for its name that sometimes pisses you off and you will end up ignoring the opportunity that you will learn.      
With this, I have thought of the idea of a software application where in you may also be able to search the information using a photo of the particular and not by typing the keywords alone.It's like inserting the photo and clicking search in the toolbar. You may use your mobile phone to take pictures that you will use in searching for the information.
You may insert a photo of a person that you don't know for example, and if that particular person has data on the internet the help of the software application to detect it; it will give you the same facts of that when you search the name of the person but doesn't know what he looks like.
This option if added to the search engine or an application will be very helpful especially since We or I myself is very dependent in the internet. In every uncertainty, there is Google to help me. And in some things that I do not know what is called but I see it physically, now there is a Wikipic App/Software to help me more.
Regards,
Rophele Louie C. Ocampo
AGSB – Clark Campus


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: