Slider Picture

Saturday, November 30, 2013

NU12 by Rachel Roque - new study habit

Hi Sir,

Here's my 12th NU12 Topic: New study habit
It's finals week once again. A time when you see all students busy, cramming for all the requirements. Many would say that we should have started it the day after the professors told us about it, and do it in a gradual way. But honestly, it's not that easy especially if you're juggling between work & school. Being in a grad school is a choice for many of us. We decided to take it to get ahead; it's not like college that seems to be a must. Unlike in college, our parents will not pressure us to go to class everyday and get a high grades. This time, we have more control. It's more of being responsible.
If everything will go well, I will only have 1 subject left + STRAMA for next term. And since I know it would be a tougher term because of STRAMA, I plan to have a more organized study habit. First, I plan to take weekday classes only to free up my weekend. I know I will need my whole weekend to do the paper. I will ensure that I will be able to read the books regularly, unlike what I did in the previous terms wherein I just read the book during Midterms & Finals. I will also read other books, not only the textbook required. For the paper, I plan to set a minimum no. of pages that I have to finish per week so that I will be on track to finish it in one term. I'm also planning to temporary blocked facebook in my laptop so that I will not be tempted to open it whenever I do some research. Also, I will not have travel for 2014 Q1. I will be on the last leg of my MBA, and I'm willing to sacrifice more to finish it. Like what Stephen Covey say: "Happiness can be defined as the fruit of the desire and the ability to sacrifice what we want now for what we want eventually." <in other words it stems from discipline>  3



Regards,
Rachelle










No comments: