Slider Picture

Saturday, November 30, 2013

NU12 Series by Albert Bryan Abelido

Lining up on train is undeniably a problem that everybody faces in the metro especially in EDSA except when there's a holiday or a Pacquiao fight. I've been wondering how could we get out of this situation or at the very least lessen the agony.

One thing I could think of is a passengers all-access card that can be used on trains, buses, taxis and jeepneys. The transportation card will serve as the fare and can be loaded through cellphone or buying it from sari-sari stores or malls. You need to register your cellphone number with the transportation card to receive alerts on the best mode of transportation to check on to given the traffic situation. You will also feel more secured since the accredited buses, taxis, and jeepneys are registered and being tracked. Eventually, only registered public transportation can be allowed to pass along EDSA so that MMDA can control the number of vehicles on the street. The only time when the drivers or the owners of these public transportation will drive along EDSA if they receive an alert message coming from the MMDA.

What do you think of the idea?  4


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
Subject: NU12 # 7 It's a YES! by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 23:11:18 +0800


If there's one memorable evening I had as a student of the Ateneo Graduate School of Business, it's the Night of Entrepreneurs organized by the class. I'm simply in awe of the transformation stories of guests entrepreneurs who were very passionate with what they're currently doing. During that night, I was wondering...will I be one of them? A question that has been going in my mind for the past days after that night.

After much meditation, I realized that there's much to benefit if I'll become an entrepreneur.

1. Self Mastery - Considering that I will be the captain already of my own ship, a need for me to fully understand what can I do and cannot is a must. By acknowledging my strengths and weaknesses, I will be able to complement it with the right partners that will put this endeavor to greater heights. I will be master of my destiny as well as everything depends on how I will run it. I will feel more secured with my job as I know first hand on how will it propel in the future.
2. The Price of Freedom - yes freedom from the demands from my boss which sometimes I don't agree on. I'll get to decide how I want things to happen. I can even choose where and when to work.
3. Money Is Limitless - I will no longer be restricted with my monthly salary. I can earn more, more than I can ever imagine. But it's not all about the money. It's about being to do what I love most being money as secondary. I can pursue my passion and a better person will emerge from this undertaking.

So, it's a YES! 3


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
To: profjorge.entrep.nu12@blogger.com
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:35:45 +0800


What pisses me off at the mall is when security personnel tries to check on my stuff upon by just putting the stick inside and do not even bother to see what's inside my bag. It seems to me that they're just doing it for compliance rather than for security purposes. I'm sure I'm not the only one sharing this sentiment and others can relate on this too.

I have no problems with them checking my bag. I just wanted it done correctly coz if not, then they better do something else more productive. In addition, they could do it in a courteous manner that customers would welcome the check. I'm not saying that this is applicable to all but there are just more security personnel who are not doing it right. Sometimes I find it weird that the mall needs to have a double checking. Apart from the security personnel doing his thing, a sensor equipment is also installed. Why can't just one be effective?

What do I suggest? Eliminate wasted time.


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
To: profjorge.entrep.nu12@blogger.com
Subject: NU12 # 5 Serendipity Walk by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 18:24:01 +0800


I had a gimik at Tomas Morato and decided to have a serendipity walk to observe businesses in our area from GMA Kamuning MRT Station. I was so surprised that I was walking along Timog, a lot of new business establishments have been sprouting already.

Food & Drinks
1. Korean restaurant
2. Resto bar & grill
3. Carinderia
4. Fruit vendor in cart
5. Fishball vendor
6. Isaw vendor
7. Bakery
8. Coffee Shop (Highlands Coffee)
9. Dampa
10. Tea Shop

Others
11. Condo units and apartelles
12. Mini grocery (Mini Stop and 7/11)
13. Computer shop
14. Laundry shop
15. Derma clinics
16. Salon/spa
17. Appliance repair shop
18. Car shop
19. Clothing boutique
20. Financial institue (bank, money changer) 3


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
Subject: NU12 # 4 New Work Practices by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 17:59:51 +0800


Among the top reasons why I'm staying with IBM is that I'm enjoying the benefits of working from home. I'm given a day in a week to do my tasks and attend meetings from home.

Initially, I was a bit apprehensive of the idea since I would love to see how my direct reports work and have a face to face meetings with my client and peers. This has changed when I tried to understand how I work with my clients. They're located abroad and I can only see them through Google Hangouts but expected results are delivered. What's more important are the metrics and relationships that you maintain above par.

Yes I enjoy working from home. The environment is less stressful and no traffic to endure. If I wanted to shout I could yell it at home. It also saved me money from commuting and helped me get away with eats from the fast food. I also felt more productive because I'm at a state where I'm more relaxed and in my comfort zone. Above all, I'm experiencing work life balance.

Are you for working from home? 3


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com

Subject: NU12 # 3 New Spending Habits by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 17:46:45 +0800


The presence of website deals like that of Groupon and CashCashPinoy has changed the spending habits of consumers. Initially, I thought this will yield me savings. However, as I grabbed some good deals in the site I realized that my spending has increased. I'm overshadowed by the fact that I'm getting discounts in my purchases and that I could purchase a lot from my money.

The convenience of doing online shopping with excellent deals has greatly shaped the spending habits of consumers. In your fingertips, you could get whatever you want and have it delivered in your doorsteps. This could be deceived as a frugal way of spending hard earned money but is it really the case.

These trends have benefited a lot of retailers and service companies. This has also been some businesses bread and butter to be able to sustain operations. One of the pitfalls though are consumers rarely had the chance to check on the commodities unlike when you're able to touch and test it.

Are you an online deals shopper?


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
Subject: NU12 # New Paradigm by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 02:47:55 +0800


One thing that struck me with my last semester in the Ateneo Graduate School of Business that's starting to push me to become a better person is to embrace my individuality fully. I have always been a different person while in the graduate school. In fact, I was not the friendliest person that people thought about me when I'm in the office or social gatherings. I have always distanced myself from my classmates and have not been investing much in building relationships.

I'm glad that I took Entrepreneurship and Global Marketing as my elective subjects. It did not only expose me to the real world of undertaking businesses but has instilled in me the value of being your best self where ever you are. Knowing thyself is something that I have always espoused of but I guess such is not enough if you're not doing something on the attitudes that make you weak.

I'm overwhelmed with my experience in the last semester. I built new relationships that I know will help me become the more productive and love-worthy person that I am. Also, a new paradigm sets in, i.e., it's not enough that you learn the concepts behind a phenomenon, it's important that you acknowledge the people behind it. So as I move on from MBA, I'll continue to be true to myself so that people will also be true to me. 3

Mabuhay!


From: albertbryan.s.abelido@hotmail.com
To: profjorge.entrep.nu12@blogger.com
Subject: NU12 # New Product Improvements by Albert Bryan Abelido
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 17:16:06 +0800


I've been blogging through Chikka-nessavenue.com and I'm thinking of ways on how I can increase viewership and advertisements on my blog. My blog features only positive things and promotional activities to help boost patronage to a celebrity or a movie or tv show.

Since I started blogging last August 2012, I've been invited to presscons, premiere nights, album launching, exclusive parties, and was able to conduct interviews. My blog has also branched out to other social media tools like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. For only around a year of blogging, I must say that I have gained the trust and confidence of some producers, artists, directors, and fans club that I can put value to their work.

However, I cannot just sit on my laurels. I have a lot of things and cannot be just complacent.

I've been thinking of the below improvements for my blog to help boost its popularity.

1. Redesign the blogsite so it will be easier to read and navigate.
2. Feature fans club in an interview to understand their struggles and dedication to their "idols"
3. Partner with indie producers to help them advertise their films by doing behind the shoot interviews and through the videos, I'll bring them closer to the cinephiles.
4. Feature different celebrity brand ambassadors so I could help out increase patronage of the products they're endorsing.  4

Any thoughts or additional suggestions on how can I improve my blog?

<Please take note that descriptive NU 12 ideas did not receive any grade)

No comments: