Slider Picture

Saturday, November 30, 2013

NU12. New idea by by Hector Santos


NU12. NEW THINGS
REQUIRING ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUBJECT IN ELEMENTARY, SECONDARY & TERTIARY  <ahhahah, may balak kang pahirapan kami/ako?!>
There should be a law that mandates all elementary, high school and college students to take entrepreneurship subject.
Even in elementary, entrepreneurship subject in its simplest way should be thought to students especially in the public schools where most students are less privileged.
I'm a product of a public school system from preparatory up to tertiary and I never encounter a subject that deals with entrepreneurship. In a public school system, based on my personal experience, we are thought to get high grades in order for us to get decent jobs once we graduate. I think it's already in the culture that once you entered a public school, you will thought to "graduate then work", not the "graduate then business" scenario.
When I entered my MBA, I feel relieved that I can get the subject the I long wanted to get, … Entrepreneurship.
For sure, there are so many students like me who wants to take this subject even in their early years for the simple reason that they want to own their own business and to get rich. It's a common thought that students from less privileged family who are enrolled in the public schools wants to get rich. And having a business will realize those dreams.
Entrepreneurship subjects for me is better than those Science subjects etc… for the simple reason that it deals with reality and practicality.  (4, you say this because I teach this subject)

No comments: