Slider Picture

Saturday, November 30, 2013

NU12 # 11 Training Supplements by Albert Bryan Abelido

It's a difficult to complete a tasks when you have not been properly trained to do it or worse no training at all was given. I have experienced this dilemma especially when I'm identified as the back fill of the position and the former owner left the company already. I'm being provided with some training materials for me to study on but there are just specific cases where I don't have the answer. I can't even ask my boss as he doesn't know either.

There are times when an urgent response to an email is needed and can't find the answer. I don't even have time to check on my training materials as I don't know exactly where to look it for. One possible solution I'm thinking of is an application where on the side of an email are suggested responses based on a certain reference. Be it from archived emails of the previous process owner, training materials highlighting the specific topic or suggesting a resource who can provide direction about the topic.

If there's application as such, I think transition of knowledge wouldn't be a big problem anymore. In fact, you can lessen the grace period of leaving since some of the suggested answers can already be found if there's a related inquiry.

This could be just a wishful thinking but who knows it will happen.

<Use your blog to archive topics if you will refile your training materials Make it private


No comments: