Slider Picture

Thursday, September 19, 2013

NU12: What pisses you off in your office/ What do you think must be done?


JANNSSEN REICHMAN ONG
NU12: What pisses you off in your office/ What do you think must be done?
In my current workplace what pisses me is the lack of system in the sales department. I would not disclose the company for the privacy purpose. The boss would always have this thinking at the back of his mind that I am not working. Why is that so? I get a lot of gas and proved no result. I told them it is hard to get a quick result because I am just new and that almost all clients know them already. I need to generate sales on my own but how should I do that if my gas allowance is only limited and that I need to reach province in order to generate sales. I argue that rationale which he accepted but not convinced. So I have no choice but to prove to him that I was really working. Good thing that just recently I was able to sell a really huge amount that even surpass the existing sales employees. So here is the scenario: The company exists for more than 25 years it is implied that they stayed that long because they have already a lot of customer and know them already. The sales department acts according to their own will without any specific regulations as long as they generate sales. It is also understood that their gas allowance would not be that big because they are not searching for possible new clients and thus just maintained the relationship with them I even doubt if they are really efficiently functioning because by that they can just call their clients and wouldn't really need a huge allocation for the gas. This was practiced ever since and wasn't able to anticipate for their new employees. My situation is that I need to look for clients. I know I can do this however because of the lack of system my gas allowance would be big. Why? We don't have specific area. And as a new employee I go north to south just to look for one, which would really, need a greater gas allowance. They compare me from old employees. –This shouldn't be because the old employees where one of the pioneers and it is very obvious that the chances of acquiring customer during their time is much more easier because they have lot of options unlike now that I need to really search. In fact I believe that whoever got a new customer is really great. The old employees would just go to the grocery and look for the manufacturers of goods and go to them while in my case I need to be observant in the surroundings and look for untapped customer that is why my gas consumption is big because I am really searching. At the back of my head I can even suggest to create a system for this situation. The company would save a lot of gas if the employees would be very specific in its own area. Why? Because that employee wouldn't need to go from north to south. He just need to stay within his area and if his area is small then give him two or three area instead. 

<What is the solution how would you sell more  if there is a limited gas allowance>

No comments: