Slider Picture

Saturday, September 21, 2013

NU12#4 - what pisses you off at the school by Anthony G. Parungao

NU12 # 4 – What pisses you off at the school? What must be done? – Observe Silence in the Library
by Anthony G. Parungao
SPentrep S1

I always make it a point to come early in school before my 3pm Saturday Strama class.  I go directly to AGSB library to study, read or do just about anything productive.  But what I observe since I started my MBA is that students could not refrain from chatting with their classmates to an audible level that they reach a point of distracting other students who would like to concentrate on their tasks. 
It is common knowledge to everybody that silence should be strictly observed inside the library.  It is also clear and with written notice that food and drinks are not allowed inside the study area.  MBA students are educated professionals and should exude matured and considerate behavior.
I don't know if the library staff are suffering on deaf ears or are they just too busy reading and minding their own business.  They should call the attention of the nuisance students and even drag them out if they persist.  The library was designed with an atrium (central open garden) easily accessible from two sides where you can get out in case there are mobile phone calls or discussions you like to do with your classmates.  Or better yet, there is an open study area at the second level where you can freely discuss without distracting anybody.
Students should learn to refrain from talking/discussing inside the library and should be strictly enforced by AGSB library staff whose responsibility is to maintain silence and solitude.   The AGSB library staff should be vigilant and should exercise their full authority to maintain silence.  Library fee is Php 1,398.65 per trimester and is paid mandatory.  I want to maximize the facilities that I paid for but I think it's about time they do something about the noise.  3

No comments: