Slider Picture

Thursday, September 19, 2013

NU 12: What pisses you off at the school? What must be done? - valet parking


JANNSSEN REICHMAN ONG
NU 12: What pisses you off at the school? What must be done?



In my first day to school at it shocked me in the aspect of parking lot.  When I am entering the parking lot the guard halts me because I don't have the parking lot sticker. I said I am a student and even showed my ID as a proof. He told still I am not allowed because I don't have the sticker. So rushing to meet the class I had no choice but to park at the Rockwell parking lot, which will need a walk to go to the school  campus. After my class I went  to the registrar to get a sticker. They were able to give me after presenting my official receipt and certificate of registration of my car, which I need to get from the Rockwell parking lot and return to the  campus which I hoped that they have told me in the enrollment so that I was able to prepare and not go back and forth just for the documents. I was so happy that I already have the sticker and that next week I can park already. And the next day I was able to enter the parking of of AGSB and to my surprise that there another booth that you need to pay and I even provided my ID and argue to pay I was remember that you can get the sticker for free but still thinking why should I need to pay for I am already a student there. I was wondering why should there be a payment for this. I am student paying for the tuition fees anyway. But then I realized maybe there should be a payment for the maintenance of the parking area assuming that of course they did not include in the tuition fees because not everybody has a car in going to school. I consider the rationale behind. The next school day I was halt again I thought there was something wrong again but the guard told me there were no more parking available that I need to park again at Rockwell parking lot I told him alright anyway I will wait. And then he told me that it is not allowed to wait and line up in the parking lot so it really stress me because I have to park at Rockwell again and during this time the Rockwell parking rates is in a per hour basis which would surely give me a higher payment because it is still early. This scenario really bothers me. I just wonder why not the school  provide a free valet parking instead? Since it is not the students fault if there were no parking lot available and consider that the student pays a fee for the parking lot and that if he park at Rockwell a higher charge should be paid because of the differences in the rate. I am sure that a valet service would greatly ease the result of limited parking lot available. The guard on duty does nothing at all in the parking area they just roam around. Why doesn't the school  train the guards in driving skills so that they can provide a solution for the limited parking available? 3

No comments: